Efficient treatment of stormwater runoff is strongly dependent upon the performance of separator and filtration treatment devices. Both existing and new stormwater technologies must demonstrate they meet state and local regulatory mandates and protocols before field installation.
That’s why so many best management practices (BMP) manufacturers turn to us. Our stormwater testing facilities provide independent, third party laboratory testing to give you defensible data to rapidly and accurately demonstrate product performance and compliance. In addition to physical testing, we can call upon our expertise with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and applied fluid mechanics to give you clear and precise information to optimize stormwater units for greater sediment removal, flow capacities, and reduced system losses.
Our scientists and engineers have been actively involved in the development and implementation of several laboratory stormwater verification testing protocols and standards, including:
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Laboratory Protocol to Assess Total Suspended Solids Removal by a Hydrodynamic Sedimentation Manufactured Treatment Device” 2013
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Laboratory Protocol to Assess Total Suspended Solids Removal by a Filtration Manufactured Treatment Device” 2013
- Canadian Environmental Technology Verification Program “Procedure for Laboratory Testing of Oil-Grit Separators” 2013 (revised 2014)
- ASTM standards authorship for Hydraulic testing; stormwater testing standard with committee oversight
- ASTM #2 removal standard
Our Verification Testing Services include:
- Product development testing and research
- Hydraulic characteristics testing
- Sediment removal efficiency testing
- Flow capacities to 17 cfs
- Mass balance and instream sampling
- Precise test water quality and temperature control
- SSC, PSD sample analysis