Whether you're in biotech, pharmaceutical, or industrial processing, we can help you optimize your flow-related designs. Alden is an independent, third party laboratory that provides a variety of consulting services—from component testing, to scaled experimental models for large installations, to complex computational fluid dynamic (CFD) modeling.
Our particular focus is on scaling up successful lab-scale technologies to commercial-scale systems when flow processes are important. This service becomes particularly important when mixing rates, reaction rates, and mass transfer rates are all on a similar time scale.
Examples of projects and applications include:
- Chromatography scale-up
- Filter optimization
- Pre-cast concrete curing chambers
- Fiberglass forming improvements
- Process heating / cooling
- Algae pond optimization
- Commodity chemical production
- Carbon capture / sequestration
- Mixing / reaction tank design
- Multiphase heat and mass transfer
- Grid scale energy storage
- Flow battery optimization
- Plasma vapor deposition