Alden is Always Looking for Talented Engineers and Scientists
Are you an engineer or biologist with a passion for the environment? Are you seeking a work environment where personal initiative is rewarded and where you can rely on a team of motivated professionals, all directed at helping one another achieve a common goal? We offer careers in the following professions:
• Hydraulic engineering
• Civil and Structural engineering
• Fisheries biology
• Mechanical engineering
Alden is a private consulting company and laboratory with a unique history and industry leading reputation going back to 1894. Our employees in Holden, MA., Redmond, WA., Portland, OR., and Fort Collins, Colorado get their hands dirty solving flow problems that make a difference, helping to clean the World’s environment and power its infrastructure, through fish protection studies, physical modeling experiments, field measurement, and the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools.
The Financial Controller will manage the financial activity of the Company. The Controller will compile and analyze financial information and develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations. The Controller will evaluate and monitor internal controls at all levels of the organization.
• Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting,
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and
• Reconcile general ledger accounts
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Complete month-end and year-end close processes
• Prepare project reconciliations and follow-up with clients
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
and tax filings
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and
strengthen internal controls
• Ensure checks and balances are followed
• Review AP coding, sign checks
• Provide backup to Payroll Clerk and special payroll functions
• Prepare periodic Utilization reports production
• Prepare Weekly Cash Flow updates
• Create dynamic Excel workbooks and maintain/modify existing internal Excel
workbooks and formulas
• Prepare monthly project financial status reports – attend status update meetings
• Perform additional controller duties as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience
• Financial Reporting
• Financial Control
• Knowledge of Ajera account software a plus
• General Ledger
• Experience working in an Engineering services industry is a plus
• Project accounting experience
Top Reasons to Work with Us
• Competitive Base Salary
• Strong Benefit Package
• 401k with Matching Program
• Great Work Life Balance
Our mission is to be the recognized leader in solving flow-related engineering and environmental problems.
We will accomplish this by:
• Supporting the World’s environmental and energy future through independent evaluation
and optimization of new and existing technologies
• Providing value-added solutions to industry and government agencies
• Providing a quality product that meets or exceeds our clients' expectations
• Taking an active role in shaping environmental regulations that impact the power industry
• Developing our staff to be company and industry leaders.
The Alden mission statement reflects a commitment to support our clients’ needs while supporting and grooming our staff to become recognized experts in their specialty areas. Teamwork in a casual work environment, where workers are encouraged to take steps that will further their careers, defines our culture. Combined with a constant stream of challenging and often unusual projects, this environment encourages staff to grow within Alden, resulting in an extremely low turnover rate. As a result, our clients benefit from having project teams not only with extensive experience but also with a long history of working together.
AA/EOE Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit your resume to Kellie Brewer click HERE.
“My friends outside of work are all very jealous of my job just because I enjoy working for Alden so much.” Kevin Bastien, Engineering Assistant
“Once you [choose] something [to do for a living], you’re going to put all your energy and spirit into it.” Songheng Li, Ph.D., Senior CFD Engineer
“Our business plan here is to make a profit, but to have fun doing it. If you’re not having fun, then you’re in the wrong business.” –David Anderson, Senior Vice President