Alden is Always Looking for Talented Engineers and Scientists
Are you an engineer or biologist with a passion for the environment? Are you seeking a work environment where personal initiative is rewarded and where you can rely on a team of motivated professionals, all directed at helping one another achieve a common goal? We offer careers in the following professions:
• Hydraulic engineering
• Civil and Structural engineering
• Fisheries biology
• Mechanical engineering
Alden is a private consulting company and laboratory with a unique history and industry leading reputation going back to 1894. Our employees in Holden, MA., Redmond, WA., Portland, OR., and Fort Collins, Colorado get their hands dirty solving flow problems that make a difference, helping to clean the World’s environment and power its infrastructure, through fish protection studies, physical modeling experiments, field measurement, and the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools.
Alden is seeking a detailed oriented, self-motivated and creative person to fill the position of IT Administrator. Applicant may have 3 years’ experience in a related field, but a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Management Systems is preferred.
Applicant must be:
• Proficient with Windows Server management (e.g. Active Directory, Group
Policy, Network Policy Services, DNS, DHCP, File Services and NTFS Security, IIS)
• Familiarity with Server Hardware, RAID Systems and their management
• In-depth understanding of Ethernet and Wireless Networking (e.g. IPv4 and Subnetting,
VLANs, VPN, WAN and LAN infrastructure, QoS, Layer 3 Networking)
• Proficient with Windows desktop support (e.g. Windows XP, 7)
• Familiarity with Linux and it’s CLI
• Familiarity with Cisco network technologies
• Familiarity with Network Protocol Analyzation (e.g. Wireshark)
• Web development skills desirable (e.g. HTML, CSS, Java, JSON, Content managers DNN
• Telephony and VoIP troubleshooting experience desirable
Other attributes include:
• Efficient resource utilization
• Effective collaboration, teamwork skills, and interpersonal skills
• Reasonable verbal and written communication skills
Our mission is to be the recognized leader in solving flow-related engineering and environmental problems.
We will accomplish this by:
• Supporting the World’s environmental and energy future through independent evaluation
and optimization of new and existing technologies
• Providing value-added solutions to industry and government agencies
• Providing a quality product that meets or exceeds our clients' expectations
• Taking an active role in shaping environmental regulations that impact the power industry
• Developing our staff to be company and industry leaders.
The Alden mission statement reflects a commitment to support our clients’ needs while supporting and grooming our staff to become recognized experts in their specialty areas. Teamwork in a casual work environment, where workers are encouraged to take steps that will further their careers, defines our culture. Combined with a constant stream of challenging and often unusual projects, this environment encourages staff to grow within Alden, resulting in an extremely low turnover rate. As a result, our clients benefit from having project teams not only with extensive experience but also with a long history of working together.
AA/EOE Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit your resume to Kellie Brewer click HERE.
“My friends outside of work are all very jealous of my job just because I enjoy working for Alden so much.” Kevin Bastien, Engineering Assistant
“Once you [choose] something [to do for a living], you’re going to put all your energy and spirit into it.” Songheng Li, Ph.D., Senior CFD Engineer
“Our business plan here is to make a profit, but to have fun doing it. If you’re not having fun, then you’re in the wrong business.” –David Anderson, Senior Vice President